Chicken Biryani is everyone’s favorite recipe. all want to eat it. We are sharing the best dish with you. Yes, It’s a Simple Chicken Biryani Recipe. Biryani is considered to be 68 percent of the first preference dish for dinner or any meal time. This dum-style biryani is prepared with spices like cardamom, clove, and cinnamon and cooked with saffron milk.
Best Chicken Biryani Recipe
Rice and chicken dish called chicken biryani is made by steaming layers of chicken, rice, and aromatics. As the rice cooks, the bottom layer soaks up all the chicken juices, giving it a soft texture and flavorful flavor, while the top layer of rice becomes white and fluffy. Whole cuts of juicy chicken, marinated in a flavorful mixture of herbs, spices, and aromatics, are hidden within the Biryani.
Also Read: Mughlai Chicken Recipe
You can enjoy this biryani during lunch or dinner together with some hot salan! Today, we will tell you the best and most easy chicken dum biryani recipe with some extra dum and full of flavor.
Chicken Biryani Ingredients
These are the chicken biryani recipe ingredients.
Chicken Biryani Recipe
This is traditional dish in India, Pakistan, and Arab countries. Chicken Biryani is all about flavors and taste of different spices with basmati rice
- Prep Time- 20 mins
- Cook Time- 1 hr 55 mins
- Total Time- 2 hrs 15 mins
- Course- Main Course
- Cuisine- Indian
- Keyword- chicken biryani recipe
- Servings- 2
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 3 Cloves
- 5 Cardamom
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Pinch Saffron
- 5 Black Peppercorn
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 50 ml Milk
- 50 ml Ghee
- 2 cups Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 500 g Chicken Legs
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 Fried Onion
- 1 Boiled Egg Optional
500g of Chicken legs and serve-wise cups of Rice are the main ingredients of this recipe.
Chicken: For chicken biryani recipe, I only prefer to use thighs and drumsticks because they retain their moisture and don’t overcook during the prolonged cooking process. Chicken breast is a big no-no for me since it will dry up and become rubbery.
Yogurt: It works well to use homemade curd or dahi, Greek yogurt, or plain yogurt. acts as a tenderizer and gives the masala some bitterness.
Ginger and Garlic: I suggest preparing this at home yourself since it’s just ground ginger and garlic, but store-bought works too if you’re in a rush.
Spices: The base of the flavor, which includes bay leaf, cloves, green cardamom, and saffron (Kesar, which gives biryani its distinctive orange color), is what gives the dish its characteristic aroma that makes its way out when the pot is opened.
Fresh Herbs: Making a chicken biryani recipe requires both fresh mint and coriander (cilantro). They combine the rice and chicken, adding freshness.
Ghee or Clarified Butter: Although you don’t have to use anything else but ghee, I believe it gives the biryani a deeper flavor and aroma. But traditionally, biryani was prepared with ghee. To soak the saffron threads, you’ll also need a little milk.
Long Grain Basmati Rice: Most chicken biryani recipes demand for this, even those from countries other than India like Pakistan and Afghanistan. Please be aware that long-grain rice is not the same as basmati rice. Although basmati contains long grains, it also has a unique flavor and aroma. Find aged basmati rice that has been in storage for at least a year or two.
Step By Step Chicken Biryani
If you are a vegetarian, do not worry. You can enjoy this authentic chicken biryani recipe too, just add some veggies and paneer ( Cheese ) instead of chicken, and voila.
Biryani is excellent in every form and is almost like a instant pot chicken biryani recipe that families enjoy and eat together as a celebration!
However, I am being honest with you. Before I made the decision to publish this recipe, I had never prepared chicken biryani. And I was persuaded by how many of you asked for a legitimate, real biryani recipe that was also manageable.
If you are an expert in cooking this dish. you can also try the Pakistani chicken biryani recipe or the Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe.
I was anxious when I tried it for the first time because it seemed so challenging and like there was a tonne of steps. Consequently, I decided to explain them to you after taking a long breath.
- First, whisk half a cup of milk with the saffron. Set aside.
- Combine all the marination ingredients in a bowl and coat the chicken pieces thoroughly. Give it four hours or so to marinate.
- To prepare the rice, combine the washed rice with all the ingredients listed (saffron and milk are optional).
- Prepare for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to a pan with some heated ghee before adding the entire marinated what’s up chicken. Add coriander leaves, sauteed onion, sliced almonds, and saffron milk on top. Mix well.
- Cook it for 20 to 30 minutes with foil covering it on low heat (on do, in its own heat) (till the water evaporates and chicken and rice are fully cooked).
- Once the rice is cooked, thoroughly mix it in the dum. Serve hot and drizzle with some rosewater.
Step 1: Fried onion is the key ingredient in this chicken rice recipe. It gives a unique taste and fragrance. Along with Fried Onion, you also need to prepare half-cooked basmati rice. Because we do not want our rice to be sticky while cooking chicken biryani recipe.
Step 2: We need to marinate our chicken 30-45 mins before cooking. The marinade is mostly responsible for the flavor of this Chicken Biryani. To flavor the chicken, we add salt, fried onions (birista), red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Yogurt is used as a tenderizer. For the best taste, marinate the chicken in a sizable bowl for at least two hours or overnight. As I’ve previously stated, I prefer to make chicken biryani exclusively with thighs and legs because they are the juiciest and do not dry out during cooking.
Step 3: Start by frying the marinated chicken after getting the rice and fried onions ready. The chicken should be cooked for 7 minutes in a Dutch oven or other big pot that will also be used to make the biryani. The chicken just needs to be flipped once at the four minute point; no stirring is necessary.
Step 4: The fried onions, mint, and coriander are then layered on top of the half-cooked chicken. The herbs offer a tonne of flavor and freshness, while the onions add sweetness and richness.
Step 5: The last step is to layer 70% cooked basmati rice on top. Add ghee and saffron milk, then closely cap with a lid. A tight cover works just as well as the dough that was once used to seal the pot to keep steam inside. This should be prepared over a low burner to ensure equal heating and prevent burning on the bottom.
Step 6: So there you have it! I would classify this as a weekend project because the entire process takes about an hour, but after you’ve made biryani at home, you’ll see how quick and easy it is! There is nothing like the smell of chicken biryani drifting through the home to entice everyone to the table, so the rewards of your effort will look like this.
Protect The Bottom of The Biryani From Burning
When making chicken biryani, it’s crucial to use a pot with a hefty bottom to prevent the chicken pieces from being burned or scorched. When preparing this biryani, a dutch oven will be your greatest friend because it maintains a consistent temperature. Additionally, it has a thick bottom that prevents food from burning quickly. Another suggestion is to keep the biryani pot on a level surface, such as a Tava. This will shield it from direct heat and cause it to steam at a low temperature.
- Water: Take the right amount of water while cooking this chicken biryani. Because water is the only thing you have to use the correct amount of it. However, do not worry, we have some tips for you. For example, if you are cooking for 4 people then you need 2 or 3 cups of basmati rice and half kg chicken legs, and 3 or 4 cups of water. Still, if you think rice is undercooked, you can consume 1/2 cup of hot water to cook further. Also, depends on what type of rice are you using. because not all basmati rice needs the same amount of water. here you need to do some experiments on this dish.
- Masala: If you want a good authentic taste in this biryani, you can make your own garam masala at home by blending the raw spices such as nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon, stone flower, and Fennel seeds.
- Long Grain Basmati Rice: I suggest you use long grain basmati rice to cook the best chicken biryani recipe. It enhances the taste and is aromatic.
- Raita: Use fresh yogurt or curd to make raita to enjoy with this chicken biryani. Do not use sour curd. You can also mix finely chopped onion and tomato in this raita to make it more delicious. Also, use some black pepper powder and salt.