The quest for a versatile and effective workout routine ends with Total Gym. This all-in-one fitness equipment revolutionizes home workouts by offering a myriad of exercises that target different muscle groups.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned fitness enthusiast, Total Gym workouts caters to all fitness levels, providing a customizable and comprehensive workout experience.
What Exactly Is Total Gym?
The Total Gym isn’t just another piece of exercise equipment; it’s a complete gym in itself. Its adjustable incline design, glide board, pulleys, and attachments allow for a multitude of total gym workouts, engaging muscles from head to toe.
With variations in body positioning and resistance levels, it accommodates various fitness goals, be it strength building, toning, or enhancing flexibility.
One of the most appealing aspects of the Total Gym is its versatility. From classic strength exercises like squats, chest presses, and rows to more challenging moves like plyometrics and core workouts, this equipment provides options for every fitness need.
Additionally, its adaptability allows for modifications in intensity and range of motion, making it suitable for rehabilitation total gym workouts as well.
Benefits of Total Gym Workouts
- Full-Body Engagement: Unlike traditional gym machines that isolate specific muscle groups, the Total Gym workouts encourages compound movements, engaging multiple muscles simultaneously, leading to efficient workouts.
- Low-Impact Workouts: The gliding motion of the Total Gym’s glideboard reduces impact on joints, making it an excellent choice for individuals recovering from injuries or those seeking low-impact exercises.
- Space-Saving and Convenience: As a compact piece of equipment, the Total Gym fits easily in homes, eliminating the need for multiple bulky machines, making it convenient for daily workouts.
- Customizable Intensity: With adjustable resistance levels and inclines, users can tailor workouts to their fitness levels, gradually increasing intensity as they progress.
How many exercises can you do on Total Gym?
The Total Gym stands as a pinnacle of versatility when it comes to home fitness equipment. Its innovative design and adaptable features offer a multitude of total gym exercises that cater to various fitness levels and goals.
Whether you’re aiming for strength building, toning, flexibility, or rehabilitation, the Total Gym workouts boasts an impressive range of exercises to meet your needs.
Total Gym workouts aren’t limited to a few exercises; it’s a comprehensive fitness system. The Total Gym GTS is a complete workout equipment that can provide full-body total gym workouts with over 250 distinct exercises.
The Total Gym GTS, unlike most complete gym equipment, is designed to employ a percentage of a person’s own body weight as resistance.
ALSO READ: WHAT IS TOTAL GYM GTS?
Sample Of Total Gym Workout Routine
Staying committed to fitness can be a challenge, but with the right plan and equipment, achieving your goals becomes more attainable. The Total Gym workouts offer a comprehensive way to engage every muscle group.
Here’s a week-long workout plan to maximize your time on the Total Gym and get you closer to your fitness aspirations.
Day 1: Full Body Strength
Start your week with a full body workout to engage all major muscle groups:
- Squats (Legs): Utilize the squat stand to perform squats, aiming for 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Chest Press (Chest): Work on your chest muscles with 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Lat Pulldowns (Back): Engage your back muscles with 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Bicep Curls (Arms): Strengthen your arms with 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Core Exercises (Abs): Finish with core exercises like planks or crunches, aiming for 3 sets.
Day 2: Cardio & Plyometrics
Focus on cardio and plyometric exercises to boost your heart rate and enhance endurance:
- Circuit Training: Incorporate exercises like jumping squats, burpees, and mountain climbers in a circuit fashion. Perform each exercise for 1 minute with minimal rest between exercises. Aim for 3-4 sets.
- Cardio Interval Training: Use the Total Gym’s cardio attachments for short bursts of high-intensity exercises followed by brief rest periods. Alternate between sprints and recovery periods for 15-20 minutes.
ALSO READ: 10 Best Plyometric Exercises With Benefits
Day 3: Lower Body Emphasis
Devote this day to intensifying lower body strength:
- Lunges (Legs): Perform forward and reverse lunges targeting each leg, aiming for 3 sets of 12 reps per leg.
- Leg Press (Legs): Utilize the Total Gym’s leg press for 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Calf Raises (Calves): Strengthen your calf muscles with 3 sets of 15 reps.
- Leg Raises (Abs): Engage your core with leg raise exercises for 3 sets.
ALSO READ: 4 Most Effective Leg Workouts With Dumbbells
Day 4: Active Recovery
Engage in light exercises focusing on flexibility and recovery:
- Yoga or Stretching: Practice yoga poses or dedicate time to stretching exercises to improve flexibility and promote recovery.
- Foam Rolling: Use a foam roller to release muscle tension and aid in muscle recovery.
Day 5: Upper Body Strength
Concentrate on building upper body strength:
- Shoulder Press (Shoulders): Target your shoulders with 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Tricep Extensions (Arms): Strengthen your triceps with 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Seated Rows (Back): Engage your back muscles with 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Push-Ups (Chest): Include bodyweight exercises like push-ups for 3 sets.
Day 6: HIIT Training
Incorporate High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for a powerful calorie-burning workout:
- Tabata Training: Alternate between 20 seconds of maximum effort and 10 seconds of rest for exercises like squat jumps, push-ups, or rowing on the Total Gym. Repeat for 4-5 sets.
- Circuit Training: Create a circuit with various Total Gym exercises, aiming for 45 seconds of exercise followed by 15 seconds of rest. Complete 3-4 circuits.
Day 7: Rest and Recovery
Allow your body time to recover and regenerate. Focus on adequate hydration, good nutrition, and quality sleep to support your fitness journey.
Consistency and variation are key in any total gym workout plan. Modify exercises and intensities according to your fitness level and listen to your body’s cues. To avoid injuries, always priorities appropriate form and technique.
ALSO READ: Is the Total Gym Worth the Price?
Remember, this total gym workout plan is a guide. Adjust it to suit your preferences, but stay committed to your fitness goals. With dedication and perseverance, Total Gym workouts can be an exceptional tool in achieving total fitness.
Feel free to modify this total gym workouts plan to better suit your needs or preferences, and always listen to your body to avoid overexertion or injury.