Butter chicken recipe, a dish straight from a Punjabi kitchen, has become a perennial favorite. The chicken is roasted and simmered in tomato puree, cream, and masalas after being marinated for the entire day. With this recipe, you can enjoy the dish’s traditional richness.
The name “Butter Chicken” is enough to make you crave this amazing traditional Indian dish. Indians and visitors enjoy butter chicken, especially those who want to try real Indian food. There are numerous stories about how this dish was made, but most historians concur that Moti Mahal’s kitchens were where the famous Butter Chicken was first developed. This Butter Chicken recipe is delicious and simple to make. Ingredients for a recipe for butter chicken made at a restaurant:
Butter Chicken Recipe Ingredients
For the marination
|Red chili powder|
|Salt and lemon juice are all added to raw chicken|
|2-3 tbsp Mustard Oil|
|2 tbsp Kasuri Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)|
|50 ml of curd|
Also Read, Fried Chicken Pakoda Recipe
|2 teaspoons oil Gravy-wise Cut-up butter|
|1 tablespoon each of cream|
|1 teaspoon cardamom powder|
|1/2 teaspoon honey|
|1 teaspoon mace|
|Cloves, 3 grams|
|1 sliced cinnamon stick|
|1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder|
|1 teaspoon Kasuri methi|
|4 diced tomatoes|
|1 teaspoon ginger|
|1 teaspoon garlic|
Butter Chicken Recipe
- Place the raw chicken pieces in a mixing bowl and season with salt, red pepper flakes, ginger garlic paste, and lemon juice. Mix well. 2. Keep it in your refrigerator to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Add curd at this time to the chilled mixture. Salt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili flakes, garam masala, Kasuri methi, and mustard oil are placed after that. Mix thoroughly, then chill for one additional hour.
- When the chicken is three-fourths done, roast it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and butter in a pan.
- Include cardamom, mace, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Add chopped tomatoes, garlic, and ginger after sautéing. Blend thoroughly, then finely ground.
- Heat the ginger garlic paste and two more cubes of butter in a separate pan.
- Add the prepared tomato puree to the mixture. The roasted chicken pieces are added, followed by red chili powder, Kasuri methi, and honey.
- Stir in the cream, green chili, and cardamom powder. Key Ingredients: Red Chili Powder, Ginger-Garlic Paste, Salt, Lemon Juice, Curd, Garam Masala, Kasuri Methi, Mustard Oil, Oil, Butter Cubes, Cloves, Cinnamon Stick, Mace, Cardamom, Tomatoes, Garlic, Ginger, Ginger-Garlic Paste, Kasuri Methi, Honey, Green Chilies, Cardamom Powder, and Cream. Mix well.
- You can add a teaspoon of cream on the top and serve.
- This is a traditional chicken meal that is best when served hot. Just before serving, you can add some cream and green chilies as a garnish.
- You’ll never run out of possibilities because we offer so many different Indian chicken curry recipes.
- Our delicious Low Fat Butter Chicken covers you if you’re a health-conscious chicken fan.
- Simply substituting paneer for the chicken in the recipe would make it vegetarian. To make sure the paneer has enough flavor before cooking it in the oven or tandoor, marinate it for an additional 5 to 6 hours.
Butter Chicken Nutrition
These are just an estimate. Real nutrition fact depends on what type of oil, butter, and chicken are you using.
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 333
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Trans Fat 10g|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.