If you are struggling to find the right workout plan for you to grow bicep muscles, then I must say your search is complete right at this article. because here we are going to give you the best dumbbell exercises for your biceps.
We would all like to have larger biceps. Most of us, at least. They look excellent in a fitting white t-shirt, even stunning out of them, and assist to define the torso. Some people believe and may also tell you that working on your biceps without dumbbells or in isolation is not a good idea.
We understand, however, some days we really want to get our hands on the pump. And guess what? That is not any sort of embarrassment. So we have the best and effective Dumbbell exercises for biceps so you can achieve your goal of having those massive-good-looking arms.
So, instead of waffling on, let’s get right to it. If you desire larger biceps, these biceps exercises can help you get there. Doing proper step-wise exercises will definitely make you notice improvements not only on your biceps but also your general health and body.
Maximize the most of your arms day workout or activities by performing these eight bicep strengthening exercises. This biceps dumbbell workout may be done at home or in the gym, as long as you have a set of dumbbells. These dumbbell workouts primarily target the biceps, but they can also help your shoulders, forearms, triceps, and pectorals.
If maintaining perfect form becomes difficult throughout this biceps workout, use a smaller weight or adjust your movement.
Dumbbell Exercises For Biceps
You’ll perform 12 repetitions of each exercise in these dumbbell exercises for bicep workouts. When you’ve finished all of the exercises, you’ve completed one cycle. For better strength and results continue until you have completed three cycles.
Types of Equipment
A weight bench or chair, an exercise mat, and dumbbells are required for some of these good bicep workouts. We would recommend 5- or 8-pound dumbbells for beginners. Try 10- or 12-pound dumbbells for an intermediate lifter.
Key Points for Building Bigger Biceps and Dumbbell exercises
- Warm up a bit.
- Change your workout routine in between and after two days as body also needs change even your arms, yes.
- Breathe with a calm mind. Don’t try to hold your breathe.
- Rest of 30 to 60 seconds is also important between each set. You can also increase your weights in the next set of exercise for bigger muscle growth.
- Don’t lift a lot of heavy weights even if you are used to lifting weights a lot.
- Keep slow to medium in the start and throughout every exercise.
- Necessarily do not try to have intense bicep workout session thinking of better and quick results.
- Do not jerk your upper body to assist you in lifting the weights.
- Concentrate properly throughout the exercises to hit right muscles and without any harm to others.
- Be careful with dumbbells and while holding and when working out them.
1. Bicep Curls
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your arms at your sides.
- Assemble your elbows so that they are near to your torso and your palms face front.
- Keeping your arms motionless, curl the weights up to the shoulder as you exhale while squeezing your biceps.
2. Hammer Curls (Dumbbell Exercises For Biceps)
- Grab one dumbbell in each hand and place them down your sides, palms facing you.
- Curl your elbows to raise both dumbbells and then drop them after a brief pause.
- Throughout, keep your upper arms motionless.
3. Reverse Curls
- With this workout, you’ll be able to turn your curl around. For the reverse curl, you’ll need to:
- With an overhand grip and palms facing down, hold the weights at your sides.
- Curl the weights up to your shoulders while keeping your elbows tucked toward your sides.
- Lower your arms slowly back down, palms facing downward.
4. Zottman Curls Best Dumbbell exercises for biceps
- Turn your arms so your palms face front while holding your dumbbells by your sides.
- Next, without moving your upper arms, bend elbows and curl the dumbbells towards your shoulder.
- Pause, then gently return to your starting position by rotating the dumbbells so your hands face forward.
5. W or Side Curls
- Hold dumbblles with an underhand grip.
- Slowly try to extend your arms down to your sides.
- Your palms should be facing outward, with the backs of your hands pressed against your sides.
- Raise your arms to a 45-degree angle. Slowly drop your arms back to the beginning position after they have formed a W shape.
6. Basic Alternate Hand Curl
- Take and hold dumbbells in each hand. Your palms should be facing each other at your sides.
- Curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders alternately using your biceps, rotating your hands to face your chest as you lift them.
- By slowly lowering the dumbbells repeat the same process to your sides.
7. Crossbody Curls
- Hold the weights with an overhand grip with both arms stretched down at your sides.
- Curl one hand’s thumb to the other shoulder.
- The weight will be moved over your body, and you will progressively lower it back down.
- Repeat with the opposite arm.
8. Single-arm Curl or Lateral Raise Curls
You can do Lateral Raise curls as shown in the picture below or by the single-arm curl exercise as pointed below the picture. Both ways require different amounts of strength.
- Begin with your arms spread out, forming a T with your body.
- Hold the weights with your palms facing up and an underhand grip.
- Curl one arm into a 90-degree angle.
- Return the arm to a parallel position with the ground.
- Throughout the curls, keep your opposing arm outstretched. When you’ve finished your repetitions, switch arms and resume the process.
If you have difficulties keeping good form during this bicep training regimen, use a lesser weight. It is not true that lifting heavy weight all the time will make your building muscles process better and faster.
Smaller weights have a lot of importance and arm workouts and lesser weight dumbbells are the best combinations as one can do many other exercises further. Along with Dumbbell exercises for biceps, Dumbbell Exercises for the chest, legs, triceps, back, etc.
Also Read: Bodyweight Bicep Exercises
So, overall these are the basic and known bicep workouts with dumbbells of which many are aware. But while being aware it is important to also perform the exercise while keeping each and every step in mind. Some exercises seem to be easy and are but day after day when your biceps and muscles start to show progress it can be difficult.