Total Gym Exercises: A perfect or healthy body has been a major goal in today’s era. Many of us have an urge to have a healthy and good looking body. Not only gym freaks but also other people are conscious and worry about how can they have a fit body without hitting the gym.
Being constant with the routine and to choose which exercise when is a big question for a lot of us. Even after having a perfect body many of us are confused about how to maintain it.
A lot of us are not aware of the exercises they should do in order to have their full-body workout. Everyone wants a single package with all the benefits.
However, you all need not worry about losing the important exercises. We will cover the total gym workout for you guys below which will help you in following a routine. These exercises will not only benefit some muscles group or parts of your body but the whole body.
These exercises will help and target your major muscle group as well as open and make your body flexible enough. Which later will result in a fit body. So get your exercise machine on and go through this whole package in one to make your life easy and less struggling.
Target Full-Body Workout With Total Gym Exercises
We are covering every workout for each part of the body. There so many different exercises to perform to build muscles, lose fat, and get six-pack abs. However, we will explain only effective different workout combination which will target each muscle group of the body.
First of all, there are so many muscles in our body. But, we are focusing on major muscle groups.
In Total, The groups of 10 major muscles help us to do all the activities throughout the day.
These are the following big muscles groups:
- Traps or Collar Bone Muscles.
- Shoulders Muscles.
- Chest Muscles.
- Bicep Muscles.
- Tricep Muscles.
- Forearm Muscles.
- Back Muscles.
- Abdominal Muscles.
- Leg Muscles.
- Calf Muscles.
So, These are the major groups we are talking about. Now, we will have a look at different types of effective exercises.
Total Gym Exercises
- Dumbbell/Barbell Shrug.
- Dumbbell/Barbell Upright Row.
- Farmer’s Walk.
- Heavy Deadlift.
- Dumbbell/Barbell Shoulder Press. (Seated/Standing)
- Machine Shoulder Press.
- Dumbbell Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise. (Seated/Standing)
- Dumbbell/Barbell Front Delt Raise. (Seated/Standing/Cable Machine)
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise. (Seated/Standing/Cable Machine)
- Reverse Fly Machine.
- Face Pull. (Cable Machine).
- Flat Bench Press. (Dumbbell/Barbell/Machine)
- Incline Bench Press. (Dumbbell/Barbell/Machine)
- Decline Bench Press. (Dumbbell/Barbell/Machine)
- Flat/Incline/Decline Bench Chest Fly. (Dumbbell/Cable Machine)
- Upper/Middle/Lower Chest Cable Fly. (Cable Machine)
- Biceps Curl. (Standing/Seated Dumbbell/Barbell)
- Alternate Biceps Curl. (Standing/Seated Dumbbell/Barbell)
- Hammer Curl. (Standing/Seated Dumbbell)
- Preacher Curl. (Machine/Barbell)
- One-Arm Concentration Curl. (Dumbbell/Cable Machine)
- EZ-Bar Curl. (EZ-Barbell)
- Triceps Extension. (Dumbbell/Barbell)
- One-Arm Triceps Extension. (Dumbbell/Barbell)
- SkullCrusher. (Straight/EZ Barbell)
- Close Grip Bench Press. (Barbell)
- Triceps Pushdown. (Barbell/Cable Machine)
- Triceps Dips.
- Palms-up Wrist Curl. (Dumbbell/Barbell)
- Palms-down Wrist Curl. (Dumbbell/Barbell)
- Behind-the-Back Curl. (Cable Machine)
- Grip Crush. (Dumbbell/Barbell/Machine)
- Reverse Barbell Biceps Curl.
Also Read: Biceps Exercises with Dumbbell
- Wide/Close Grip Lat Pulldown. (Machine)
- V-Bar Lat Pulldown.
- Bent-Over Lat Row. (Dumbbell/Barbell)
- One-Hand Dumbbell Row.
- Chin-Ups/Pull-Ups. (Weighted/Bodyweight)
- Incline/Decline Bench Crunches.
- Leg Raise.
- Planks/Side Planks.
- Criss-Cross Leg Raise.
- Leg Scissors.
- Leg Extension/Curl.
- Leg Press Machine.
- Reverse Lunges.
- Glute Bridge.
- Dumbbell Stepup.
- Stiff Leg Deadlift.
- Standing Calf Raise.
- Seated Machine Calf Raise.
- Inward/Outward Calf Raise.
- Jumping Jack.
These are the most effective and perfect total gym workout for beginners. If you are seriously looking for some gains or fat loss exercises, then you are on the right website. You can mix up all these exercises to create your own custom workout every week.
All you need to do is that select a particular day for multiple groups of muscles.
Keep Monday for Upper body Parts such as Chest and Triceps. Tuesday for Lower Body workouts such as Legs and Shoulders Exercises. Then, Wednesday for just Cardio Session and Abdominals.
Thursday again for Upper Body Workout. But, this time keep Back Exercises and Biceps together. iI recommend Friday would be good for only Lower Back Exercises. Because Lower Back workout increases the strength and muscle mass quickly such as Squats, Deadlift, and Lunges.
But, you guys make sure that you do not repeat the same exercises in a week. Keep rotating your workout schedule every 3 or 4 weeks.
Also, focus on numbers sets and reps of all the exercises.
The recommendation is 3 or 4 sets x 8 or 10 reps for compound exercises with an increase of 5 pounds of weight in each set. On the other hand, 4 sets x 12 or 15 reps for isolation exercises with a lightweight.
Always, do some basic exercises in warm-up sessions such as Pushups, Pullups and 10-15 mins of stretching.
This a full proof plan for “Best Total Gym Exercises To Build Muscles and Lose Fat“. Please Share and Support us on Social Media. Let us know in the comments section about your opinions.